Google

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Corrinne May


Everytime I listen to her songs, I can't help feeling that Corrinne May is God's gift to the world.

Blessed with an excellent voice and a wonderful talent for songwriting and composing, her songs are always filled with love, peace and joy.

The beautifully written lyrics convey the message of hope, optimism and compassion that each of us is special and can make a significant difference to the people around us if we try.

When I first listened to her song, Same Side Of The Moon, I was mesmerised by her flawless voice that is so soothing to the heart and soul. "I know I can't be so far from you, if we're both looking on the same side of the moon." Indeed even though we are living in different parts of the world, we share the same spiritual and emotional needs for love and companionship.

In her song, Angel In Disguise, Corrinne tells the story of ordinary people like you and me and how our little acts of love can touch the hearts of others around us. "Take a look at the ordinary, don't need to look for paradise. You could be next to an angel in disguise." Living in a world where people focus on materialism and tangibility, this song serves as a timely reminder for us to cherish our loved ones and to constantly shower them with care and concern.

In her new song, Five Loaves And Three Fishes, Corrinne shares with us a biblical story about a little boy who gave his small portion of lunch to Jesus with the faith that He can use it to feed thousands of people. "Take my five loaves and two fishes, do with it as you will, I surrender. Take my fears and my inhibitions, all my burdens, my ambitions, you can use it all, to feed them all." It tells us that no matter how small our offering may be in the eyes of man, it is recognised and appreciated by our Heavenly Father and we will be rewarded accordingly. It also reinforces the notion that our little gifts of love may appear insignificant on the surface but cumulatively they have the powerful ability to change the lives of others.

Indeed every song by Corrinne May teaches a priceless lesson that inspires me to self-reflect every time after listening. In our endless search for identity and meaning, we often get disheartened by uncertainty and disillusioned by failure. But Corrinne encourages us to be patient and to persevere in our faith even when the world thinks otherwise. Someday the long wait will be over and we will find it all worthwhile.

If you are nursing a broken heart, fighting a troubled mind or living a shattered life, head down to the major music stores and purchase Corrinne May's albums today. Her beautiful songs, delivered by her crystal-clear voice and her most sincere sentiments, is the perfect therapeutic remedy for heartache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Corrinne May is indeed an excellent songwriter & singer. I went for her concert at UCC Hall some time ago & she was simply mesmerizing...