Google

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Shenton Way

kensongs 7/10/2001

The lights were beautiful
Like scintillating stars
Descended from heaven
Onto Christmas trees
It must be God’s work
To transform Shenton Way
Into a paradise
What a masterpiece
Its painter, our Creator

What a pity,
You weren’t here with me
You would otherwise marvel
At this enchanting scenery
Or would you?
You were here every morning
And stayed till evening
The monotony of the workplace
Has long replaced
Its uniqueness in your heart

When I saw your weary eyes
The numbers you had to analyze
I could feel the stress you did
But I know it’s all worthwhile inside

The world’s just the way it is
It never stops turning
For those who are lost
You can either choose
To spend the evening
Staring at numbers
Searching for trends
Or stroll down Singapore River
Appreciating its beauty
But do u have a choice
Like I do?

Soon I’ll be like you
Stepping out of the freedom
Which I’ve embraced for years
Into a new world
Of deadlines and expectations
Where only the fittest survive
I wonder if I’ll die
From a dagger stabbed into the back
Or will I simply perish
From the face of this world
Onto the one above

Maybe it’s not that bad
The corporate world
That gives every professional
A reputation to be proud of
Then you wouldn’t ask me anymore
“U mean u haven’t graduated yet?”
But the price to pay
For this small moment of glory
Is too enormous to be true
Definitely not worthwhile

But do I have a choice?
No, I’m just like you
We’re born the way we are
Without silver spoons in our mouths
Just be glad
That we’ve got something to do
And do it well
Cause life could have been worse
We should cherish all we have
Before they are lost

I love you
Even though we’re never together
Shenton Way will forever be
A place of remembrance
In my heart
Because of you

No comments: